Meet Bryn A. Sfetsios, Associate Attorney of Pontikes Law LLC
Bryn Sfetsios is an associate with the boutique Boston law firm, Pontikes Law, LLC, founded by Rebecca G. Pontikes. She joined the firm in 2016. While working at Pontikes Law, Bryn has represented plaintiffs in all areas of employment law, including discrimination, sexual harassment, FMLA claims, whistleblower and retaliation claims, Title IX, wage and hour violations, union and labor law, and contract claims. Bryn has represented clients in State and Federal courts, and litigated in a wide range of administrative agencies, such as the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Occupational and Safety Health Administration, and the Department of Unemployment Assistance. Bryn has successfully negotiated and mediated many employment litigation matters. She has first-hand experience representing clients in all phases of litigation, argued motions in court, and second-chaired a jury trial in 2018.
Bryn has a strong commitment to employment protections for women and minorities. She does pro bono work advising clients at the Attorney General’s wage clinic and providing consults for women who have suffered sexual harassment, sex discrimination and related retaliation, as part of the Legal Network for Gender Equity. Bryn has also partnered with local civil rights organizations to provide counsel to low-income clients, such as with the Lawyers for Civil Rights and Justice at Work.
Bryn has been selected as a SuperLawyers’ Rising Star in 2018 and 2019.
Prior to joining Pontikes Law, Bryn was a litigation fellow with the Lawyers for Civil Rights. She graduated from the Boston University School of Law, where she also gained legal experience as an intern in the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and as a student attorney with the BUSL Employment Rights Clinic, partnered with Greater Boston Legal Services. While in law school, she served on the executive editorial team for the Boston University’s International Law Journal and on the executive board of the Student Government Association. She received her Bachelor of Arts degrees in Sociology and Political Science from the Pennsylvania State University.
Bryn lives in Quincy, MA with her fiancé, Ryan, and their Goldendoodle, Kori, and enjoys cooking, skiing, Penn State football, traveling (especially to Greece), and exploring local beaches.
Bryn in the News
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly – Litigators give emergency court ops passing grade (PDF)
- Law360 – Airport Janitor Says He Was Fired For Catholic-Observance (PDF)
- Massachusetts State Bar, 2013
- United States District Court, District of Massachusetts, 2016
- United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit, 2017
- Massachusetts Employment Lawyers’ Association, Social Chair and Membership Co-Chair
- National Employment Lawyers’ Association, member
- Women’s Bar Association, member
- Employee Rights Panel, Tufts School of Medicine, 2019
- Know Your Rights Workshop, Unitarian Universalist Urban Ministry, 2019
- Employment Law Spring Symposium, MCLE, 2018
- Mock Trial of an MCAD Religious Discrimination Case, MCLE, 2018
- Wrongful Terminations & Exceptions to Employment At-Will, MCLE, 2017